Flaxseed oil is an amazing addition to anyone’s product closet. It doubles as both a great health and beauty treatment. Full of fiber, lignen and omega fats, flaxseed oil is great for bowel regulation, cancer prevention, skin ailments, hair loss, brittle/dull hair and curl definition.
Note: There are two types of flax seeds (linseed), a light golden yellow and brown. The brown flax seeds are slightly higher in omega 3 fatty acids.
- Strainer or stocking sock
- Wood spoon
- Bowl or air tight container ( you can use an old product container and place stocking sock over the top part to strain it)
- 2 cups of water
- 1/4 or 1/2 cup of flax seed (linseed) depending on how thick you want it
- 1 tablespoon of aloe vera gel (optional)
- 3 drops of essential oil (optional)
- Other oils (optional)
- Pour 2 cups of water and 1/2 cup of flax seed into a pot.
- On low heat, bring it to a boil stirring flax seed often with preferably a wood spoon.
- Turn off heat when a white frothy gel-like liquid forms (raw egg white consistency).
- Continue stirring while it simmers.
- Place strainer or stocking sock on top of your bowl or container and pour mixture in.
- Let it cool.
- Add aloe gel and essential oil.
- Place the gel in an air tight container.
- The shelf life is 12-14 days in the refrigerator.
Visit the BlackDoctor.org Skin and Beauty center for more articles.
For more DIY beauty tips, visit KissTheChaos.com.