Doesn’t a lemon-coconut shampoo just sound yummy and divine? Well, whats even better is that this recipe is free of sulfates and parabens, is enriched with aloe vera and the fragrance comes from natural essential oils. It’s an adaptable recipe, as it can be used on just about any hair type, and unlike most other natural shampoos it still produces a creamy lather.
- Organic shampoo base (most health food stores and Amazon sell it)
- Organic coconut oil
- Lemon essential oil
- Measure out your shampoo base. For an 8 oz container use about 1 cup.
- Add 1 tablespoon of organic coconut oil.
- Stir in the coconut oil slowly until your base turns to an opaque stale-like color.
- Add about 20 drops of the lemon essential oil (use more or less depending on how strong you’d like it to be).
- Stir until completely mixed in.
- Store in a tightly closed mason jar.
Note: You can use any essential oil/ fragrance of your choice. I’ve used grapefruit, pomegranate and even peppermint before.
For more beauty DIY, visit KissTheChaos.com and follow me on Instagram: @Ooolala_la