Natural Bug Repellent Recipes
You May Also Like
The summer months mean lots of outdoor activities and lots of insects. Bug repellent is a necessity if you love to be outdoors. Why not try making your own? You can customize the scent and avoid harsh chemicals because of course it’s natural. Here are three easy DIY options:
- Essential Oil: Citronella, Clove, Lemongrass, Rosemary, Tea Tree, Cajeput, Eucalyptus, Cedar, Catnip, Lavender, Mint (any 1 or mixture of these)
- All natural witch hazel
- Distilled or boiled Water
- Vegetable glycerin
- Fill spray bottle (I used 8 ounce) 1/2 full with distilled or boiled water.
- Add witch hazel to fill almost to the top.
- Add 1/2 tsp vegetable glycerin if using.
- Add 30-50 drops of essential oils to desired scent. The more oils you use, the stronger the spray will be. A great smelling mixture is: Rosemary, Clove, Cajeput, Lavender, Cinnamon and Eucalyptus.