Do you find yourself bloated, irritable or having heartburn? You just may be constipated. Among the many symptoms of constipation, being constipated can cause you a great deal of discomfort. If taking laxatives just isn’t your “thing”, here are some natural ways to let go and let flow.
1. Flaxseed, fenugreek or barley in bulk works as excellent forming laxatives and are great to cure constipation. Studies have supported that these herbs contain soluble fiber that helps soften stools and reduces discomfort during bowel movements.
2. Aloe Vera juice. Dilute aloe vera juice in water and drink twice a day, first thing in the morning and right before bed for regular bowel movements. Some people may experience cramping or diarrhea with aloe vera juice, so proceed with caution.
3. Grapes are a natural laxative that contain organic acid and cellulose. Grape juice can help tone the internal muscles of the stomach and prevent chronic constipation. Raisins soaked in water overnight are the next best alternative if fresh grapes are not available.
4. Pears and pear juice. Eating a pear or drinking pear juice for breakfast and dinner can help relieve constipation symptoms. If you have severe constipation, a fruit only diet for a few days will most certainly help to clear up the condition.
5. Dried or fresh figs, prunes and prune juice and fresh papayas are other fruits that are used to treat constipation.
6. Combining a glass of hot water with a half a teaspoon of salt and the juice of…