Nestle Recalls Lean Cuisine & Other Frozen Products, Reports Of Glass
You May Also Like
Nestle USA announced this afternoon a voluntary recall of a limited number – approximately 2.98 million boxes, the Associated Press reports – of frozen DiGiorno Pizza, Lean Cuisine and Stouffer’s products due to the potential presence of glass pieces.
According to Nestle’s official statement, the recall is only for specific production codes of the following products:
- DiGiorno Thin & Crispy Spinach and Garlic Pizza
- DiGiorno Rising Crust Spinach and Mushroom Pizza
- DiGiorno pizzeria Thin Crust Spinach and Mushroom Pizza
- DiGiorno pizzeria Tuscan-style Chicken Pizza
- Lean Cuisine Spinach and Mushroom Pizza
- Lean Cuisine Spinach Artichoke Ravioli
- Lean Cuisine Ricotta and Spinach Ravioli
- Lean Cuisine Spinach, Artichoke & Chicken Panini
- Lean Cuisine Mushroom Mezzaluna Ravioli
- Stouffer’s Vegetable Lasagna (10 oz., 37 oz. and 96 oz. sizes)
- Stouffer’s Spinach Soufflé
- Stouffer’s Chicken Lasagna
“We are recalling these products because they may contain small pieces of glass that may cause injury,” Nestle writes. “Although our investigation is ongoing, we believe the source of the glass is spinach that was an ingredient common to the products subject to this recall.”
At this time, no injuries have been reported.
For a listing of all product codes covered under the recall, view here. Consumers who may have purchased the products listed are advised not to consume them and instead contact Nestlé Consumer Services at 1-800-681-1676.