Pom – Powerful! 5 Life-Saving Reasons To Eat More Pomegranate
The pomegranate is an intricate fruit that contains a maze of seeds inside a hard, bark-like, inedible flesh. It may initially look like it’s hard to eat, but this super fruit is nutritious, sweet, juicy and has a lot of health benefits.
Here’s How to Properly Eat a Pomegranate
– Cut off the crown (you’ll see it) and discard in your compost pile.
– Score and slice the rind all around, but don’t cut the rind all the way through.
– Soak the pomegranate face down in cold water for about ten minutes.
– While the pomegranate is still in the bowl of water, break apart the scored rinds, and remove the seeds from the flesh (the seeds will sink to the bottom of your bowl).
– Remove the rind and membrane from the bowl with a sieve or spoon.
– Drain the seeds with a colander and pat dry with a paper towel.