4. Be extra careful when throwing anything away with blood on it, including feminine products, tissues, bandages, or anything for that matter.
5. As far as sex goes, it’s pretty rare for hepatitis C to be transmitted through intercourse believe it or not, but it’d still be wise to use condoms to protect yourself and your partner from HIV/AIDS and other STIs out there.
6. If tattoos and piercings are your thing, always make sure the shop you attend is licensed and the equipment used is 100 percent sterile. The same advice applies to acupuncture since the practice involves needles.
7. Breastfeeding is safe, but do not breastfeed if the nipples are cracked and/or bleeding.
8. If you inject drugs (and we are NOT recommending or endorsing drug use in any way), first seek out a treatment program. If you choose to continue drug use, do not share needles with others.
9. If you have no choice but to come into direct contact with blood, always wear gloves.
10. Clean spilled blood from surfaces – including dried blood – using a bleach and water solution.