Buying bananas can seem like a great idea until three days later when they are all brown and icky! These healthy AND tasty recipes will turn your disaster into a phenomenon.
Chocolate Banana Creamsicles
- 3 large over-ripened bananas
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- a pinch of salt
- Dixie cups (fewer than 10 for this recipe)
- popsicle sticks
- Use a blender to mix everything together until smooth.
- Pour mixture into popsicle mold (Dixie cups) put in sticks and let freeze for at least 4 hours.
Banana Bread and Almond-Butter Cocoa Sandwich Cookies
Banana Bread Cookies
- 2 large very ripe bananas
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- ¼ cup brown rice flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
Almond-Butter Cocoa Filling
- ½ cup unsalted almond butter
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 350° and line two large baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mash the bananas and combine them with maple syrup, applesauce, and vanilla. (The mixture shouldn’t be too