Q&A: Natural Ways To Reduce Under Eye Puffiness?
Q: How do you remove puffiness under the eyes? – W. Patterson
You May Also Like
LIKE BlackDoctor.org on Facebook! Get Your Daily Medicine…For LIFE!
[ione_facebook_like_box url_segment=blackdoctor.org height=”260″
A: Here are 10 tips to decrease the puffiness under your eyes:
1. Go potato: Slice a raw potato (after refrigerating for a couple of minutes) into two and circle the closed eyes gently with those halves. Place it on your eyes so that it also covers the puffed areas under your eyes and leave it like that for 15-20 minutes. You’ll notice a tremendous change in those bags, as they’ll be diminished in size.
2. Milky way: If you have extremely puffed up eyes this is the regular regime that you will have to follow. Dip cotton pads in chilled milk and place on your eyelids and relax for 20-30 minutes. This will help your eyes with water retention and also cool them off .
You May Also Like
3. Oily help: Take chilled water in a bowl and add a few drops of vitamin E oil to it. Mix the two well. Dip cotton pads in this mixture and place on the eyes for 20 minutes. This will help in reducing the swelling around the eyes.
4. Cucumber relief: Cucumbers are a fantastic natural remedy to get rid of under eye puffiness. Take two slices of fresh refrigerated cucumber and place it on your eyes for 25 minutes. Relax with the cool soothing slices over your eyes and slip into a short nap, it will help refresh your mind as well as your eyes, and the anti-inflammatory properties of the cool cucumber will naturally help reduce puffy tissues.
5. Chilled tea bags: If you are in a hurry and do not want to go with droopy eyes then teabags are the way to go. Moisten two tea bags in cold water and refrigerate them for a while. Then, place them over your eyes for 25-30 minutes. Lie back and relax with the cool teabags over your eyes. Finish by washing your eyes and face with cold water, and dry your skin thoroughly. You will feel relaxed and rejuvenated.
6. Spoons and iced water: The puffiness of the eyes can be reduced with the help of a glass of ice water and four stainless steel spoons. Chill the spoons in the water and then place one over each eye. Keep switching the spoons while letting the other one chill in the glass of water. Keep switching until you see improvement.
8. Egg whites: Stiffly beat a few egg whites and apply it around your eyes with a brush. Leave it on for 20 minutes and then rinse your face in cold water. It will result in making the area around and under the eye feel tighter and look less puffy.
9. Green tea bag: Settle down for 10-15 minutes with a chilled, steeped chamomile or green tea bag over each eye. The natural properties of these herbal teas will help bring puffy eyes back to their original size.
10. Hydrate your body: Drink as much water as possible. Yes, it seems counter-intuitive when you are retaining water, but hydrating reduces puffiness. So drink a glass of water whenever you notice your eyes getting a little droopy.
Visit the BlackDoctor.org Skin and Beauty center for more articles.