- 4 cups seeded and chopped watermelon
- Fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup tequila
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated lime rind
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (about 3 limes)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves
- Fresh mint sprig
- Place watermelon in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Freeze for 4 hours or until firm.
- Coat rims of cocktail glasses with lime juice.
- Dip in sugar.
- Mix all ingredients (except mint) in a blender until slushy (Note: 1/2 cup orange or apple juice may be substituted for tequila).
- Pour into glasses.
- Garnish with mint.
MUST READ: Food To Protect Your Liver
- 1 lime
- 2 to 3 tbsp. coarse sugar
- 3 cups frozen seedless watermelon
- 1 cup sparkling wine, chilled
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Pinch of salt
- Cut lime in half.
- Cut 1 half into wedges, and rub on rims of 8 (6-oz.) cocktail glasses.
- Dip rims in sugar to coat.
- Process frozen watermelon.
- Mix 1 cup of chilled sparkling wine, sugar, salt, and juice from the remaining lime half in a blender until smooth.
- Pour mixture into prepared glasses.
- Top off with additional sparkling wine.
- Serve immediately.