Roasted Leek & Lemon Linguini
Just because you’re counting calories doesn’t mean food has to be boring. Your food can still have lots of flavor and depth. It also doesn’t have to take forever in the kitchen, either. My roasted leek and lemon linguini is perfect for getting a meal on the table quickly.
Roasting the leeks is probably the hardest thing to do with this recipe and that’s super simple. We start off by cleaning the leeks and then getting them ready to roast in a hot oven. Meanwhile, we whip up the sauce – a few good ingredients is all you need…onion, garlic, good olive oil, vegetable stock, white wine and lemon zest and juice make the best sauce. We toss together with cooked linguini and the roasted leeks and serve up some toasty whole grain bread and you’ve got a winning meal on your hands.
Sign Up for the Black Doctor Newsletter![sailthru_widget fields=”email” sailthru_list=”Black Doctor Subscribers”] Roasted Leek and Lemon Linguine – 220 Calories per serving
1/2 pound of linguini, cooked & drained
For the roasted leeks
1 cup of leeks – cut into strips
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
1 teaspoon of olive oil
For the sauce
1/2 cup of diced onion
2 cloves of minced garlic
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1/2 cup of vegetable stock
1/2 cup of white wine
2 tablespoons of lemon juice
Zest of 2 lemons
Cilantro leaves, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. In a large bowl, toss the leeks with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, a pinch of salt, and a pinch of pepper.
- Arrange in an even layer on a sheet tray and roast for about 12-15 minutes until tender.
- Meanwhile, for the sauce, sauté the onion and garlic in olive oil until translucent. Then season with salt, pepper, and dried Italian herbs.
- Add in the wine, vegetable stock, lemon zest, and lemon juice and cook the sauce for about 5 minutes on medium high heat.
- Lastly, toss the cooked pasta and leeks with the sauce. Garnish with fresh cilantro and fresh cracked black pepper.
For more ‘just good food!,’ visit DariusCooks.com and follow him on Instagram and Twitter @DariusCooks.