Lori Harvey has caused quite a stir online with her dating life, but one thing is for sure, the 26-year-old is dating on her terms, something that she learned from watching her parents.
After her split from Micheal B. Jordan in June 2022, Lori, who just made her relationship with “Snowfall” actor Damson Idris social media official, shared that she was on a quest to find “The One” and wanted a relationship that mirrors her parents (Steve and Marjorie Harvey).
“They’re definitely my couple goals. I literally was just talking to my mom on the phone earlier and she was telling me what she got my dad for their anniversary tomorrow and I’m like, ‘Wow, you guys are literally goals.’ This is what I want one day,” Lori told Us at the time.
Fortunately for Lori, she has Steve Harvey, who wears multiple hats including being a relationship expert. So what dating advice does the author of the best-selling relationship book “Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man” give his daughters?
In a recent Instagram post, Harvey shared a video where an audience member asked him what she needed to do to secure a second date. In response, the comedian shared the advice he gives his daughters: “let him see what he can get, but make him imagine what he can have.”
Not sure how to do this? Here are Harvey’s must-ask questions on a first date:
- WHAT DO YOU VALUE MOST IN A RELATIONSHIP?
- WHAT QUALITY IS MOST ATTRACTIVE TO YOU IN A PARTNER?
- WHAT IS YOUR RELATIONSHIP LIKE WITH YOUR PARENTS?
- WHAT ARE YOUR LONG-TERM GOALS?
- NAME THREE THINGS YOU’D LIKE TO HAVE IN COMMON WITH YOUR PARTNER.
- WHAT MAKES YOU LAUGH?
- WHAT IS ONE THING YOU WON’T TOLERATE IN A RELATIONSHIP?
- WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST STRENGTH AND WEAKNESS?
- ARE YOU FAMILY ORIENTED?
- HOW DO YOU SPEND YOUR DOWNTIME? (The older you are, the more important this is. This gives insight into income, without asking that and putting the man off, but make sure it is funded by credit card debt.)
- WHAT DO YOU BELIEVE IS YOUR WORST QUALITY?
- ARE YOU A GRUDGE HOLDER?
- WHAT IS THE LONGEST RELATIONSHIP YOU’VE BEEN IN AND WHY DID IT END?
- FOR WHAT IN LIFE DO YOU FEEL THE MOST GRATEFUL?
View this post on Instagram
Securing a second date is just one step towards building a long-lasting relationship like Harvey and his wife Marjorie. So how do you do it? Here are Harvey’s top dating tips:
1. Pay attention to the way he introduces you
“We’re very protective. We mark our territory. If a man loves you…he’s willing to profess it. He’ll give you a title after a while. You’re going to be his lady, his woman, his fiancée, his wife, his baby’s mama, something,” he says.
According to Harvey, if you’re still being introduced without a title after six months, you should be thinking, “This is going nowhere.”
RELATED: Steve Harvey Walks, Bikes, & Climbs For The Kids
2. Understand that every man has a plan
“Men don’t come up to you to just talk. We come up to you with a plan,” he says. “We’re looking across the room at you, and we don’t care about your hopes and dreams. We don’t care about what your future holds. We saw something we wanted.”
3. Men will rise to the occasion if they want to
From a male perspective, Harvey says he already knows what he wants from a woman, but often wonders