Recipe For Beauty: Sugar Snap Peas
Crunchy, green, with a bit of sweetness, sugar snap peas add just the right amount of flavor, color and texture to any dish! The best part about them is that one serving contains nearly 100% of your daily recommended allowance of vitamin C—which is essential to the production of collagen and elastin. These two substances are key to any beauty driven diet. Peas are also rich in vitamin A, which promotes healthy cell growth, and vitamin K, an antioxidant that that protects skin against damage by free radicals.
When shopping for sugar snap you want pale green pods that are firm, to the point that if bent they will snap! Though you could just as easily eat these raw and on their own, here are a few easy recipes to try out!
LIKE BlackDoctor.org on Facebook! Get Your Daily Medicine…For LIFE!
Chicken Stir Fry
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 3 large carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup sugar snap peas
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- Heat 1 Tbsp of sesame oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat.
- Stir-fry the red bell pepper, onion, carrots, broccoli, and sugar snap peas until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Remove vegetables from heat and add another 1 Tbsp of sesame oil to the pan.
- Stir-fry the chicken until it’s almost cooked through, about 2–3 minutes.
- Mix together the soy sauce, ginger, garlic, cornstarch, brown sugar, and red pepper flakes.
- Return vegetables to the skillet, add the sauce, and bring to a boil.
- Cook until the sauce is thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Serve over white or brown rice.
Garlicky Sugar Snap Peas
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 lb of sugar snap peas
- Salt and pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic and saute for 30 seconds.
- Add the sugar snap peas and saute until crisp tender, about 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.