Talking to Your Doctor About Kidney Disease
Are You At Risk For Kidney Disease?
- Do you have diabetes?
- Do you have high blood pressure?
- Did your mother, father, sister, or brother ever have kidney disease or
- Has a doctor ever told you that you had protein in your urine?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, you are at risk for kidney
disease. Now is the time to talk to your doctor or healthcare professional about
getting tested. It could save your life.
What To Ask Your Doctor Or Healthcare Professional
- Based on my medical and family history, am I at risk for kidney disease?
- Would lowering my blood pressure help reduce my risk of developing kidney
- Do my blood and urine tests show signs of kidney disease?
- How can I prevent or control kidney disease?