…‘Good, I’m a normal human being.'”
“My mother’s a…,” she says, hesitating, “…beautiful woman, and I think, in some way, I felt intimidated by that sometimes.” Also: “My dad dated a lot of supermodels,” she laughs.
“Everyone sees themselves in some weird, obscure way.” And its that vision that matters.
Here are some symptoms of eating disorders:
Anorexia nervosa patients:
- Maintain a weight that’s more than 15 percent lower than a normal body weight
- Have an intense fear of gaining pounds
- Have a distorted image of their bodies
- Deny that they have an illness
- Among women, stop menstruating for at least three months in a row
Bulimia nervosa patients:
- Binge at least twice a week for three months
- Feel as if they can’t control eating binges
- Think constantly about food and their weight
- Eat in secret and very quickly
- Binge until there’s no food left, someone interrupts them, or their stomach is very uncomfortable
- Feel guilty after the binge and may purge, drastically restrict food later, or exercise excessively
For more on your favorite celebrity click here.