Roses are red / Violets are blue
Do you know that rose water is great for your hair, skin and scalp / I do.
Ok, so the rhyme doesn’t really go like that, but a not-so-hidden secret to amazing hair is rose water. It has beneficial properties that may make it good for the hair and scalp.
Benefits of Rose Water
– Rose water is a mild astringent which may help to reduce oiliness and dandruff.
– It has anti-inflammatory properties, which may make it beneficial for certain scalp conditions, like psoriasis and eczema.
– Rose water’s fragrance is calming and soothing. While this quality may not make your hair look any lovelier, the fragrance of rose water wafting from your locks may help lift your mood. The scent might even help relieve headaches and reduce irritability.
Ways to use rose water for hair include:
– Pour it onto hair as a rinse after shampooing, or, after shampooing and conditioning. Leave it in your hair or rinse it out after several hours or overnight.
– Add rose water to your favorite shampoo or conditioner.
– Use a spray bottle to spray rose mist onto your hair anytime you want to decrease frizz or add a spritz of scent.
– Apply rose water using cotton swabs directly to the scalp. To reduce dandruff and itching, gently massage it in.
– Use rose water in a spray bottle to induce your curls and create tighter, more full curls
If you are buying rose water, look for one that doesn’t contain added preservatives, such as ethanol.
If you’re thinking about creating your own rose water, be sure to choose roses that are free from chemicals and pesticides, so try a farmer’s market or a florist but ask if they are free of pesticides. If you are not sure if they are grown organically, then…