LIKE BlackDoctor.org on Facebook! Get Your Daily Medicine…For LIFE!
Treatments to get rid of scars on black skin can sometimes be a challenge, but with consistency and patience, it is possible to reduce the appearance of stubborn blemishes.
Types of Scars
There are several types of scarring that occurs after skin exposure to trauma:
- Keloidal scars – Elevated, dark, benign tumors that appears on ears, back, shoulders and chest. This can be very difficult to remove since it goes overboard the boundary of the affected area.
- Hypertrophic scars – Raised and dark scars. Disappears in a certain amount of time but causes intense itching while this is used.
- Atrophic scars – Creates indentation or sunken marks. One example of this type of scarring is stretch marks.
- Stretch Marks – A form of scarring on the skin with an off-color hue. They are caused by tearing of the dermis.
The following are natural remedies for lessening and eliminating stretch marks and scars:
1. Egg Whites (specific to stretch marks). It may sound a little icky, but supposedly the proteins in egg whites help your skin rejuvenate. Try putting the whites on your affected areas three times a day and hopefully watch your stretch marks fade away.
2. Shea Butter or Cocoa Butter (specific to stretch marks). Massaging cocoa butter or shea butter into your skin a couple of times a day will help moisturize dry skin and also help stretch marks to fade. And if you apply it throughout your pregnancy, you may have a better chance at warding off stretch marks in the first place.
3. Elevate the bruised area (for bruises). Reduce blood flow to the area with gravity’s help. Lifting the bruised area so that it’s above your heart will prevent blood from pooling in the bruised area, and reduce discoloration.
For instance, if the bruise is on your leg, settle onto the couch and rest your leg on top of a few pillows. If your leg is even a few inches above your heart, you’re good.
If your arm is bruised, try to prop it up on an armrest or a few pillows, so that it’s at heart-level or above.
If your torso is bruised, you might be out of luck. Focus on icing the area instead.