(BlackDoctor.org) — Wholesome veggies? Check. Lean, savory beef? Check. The best spices? Check. Beer?? Yep. This recipe has almost everything you need to celebrate the winding down of what was hopefully another eventful, wonderful summer.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
– 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
– 1 pound lean ground beef, pork or turkey
– 1 red onion, chopped
– 3 cloves garlic, chopped
– 1 zucchini, chopped1 red bell pepper, chopped
– 2 chiles, seeded and chopped
– Salt and pepper to taste
– 3 ears corn, kernels scraped off
– 2 tablespoons chili powder
– 1 tablespoon sweet smoked paprika
– One 12-ounce bottle beer
– One 28-ounce can diced fire-roasted tomatoes
– 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, chopped
– Grated peel and juice of 1 lime
– 4 scallions, thinly sliced
– 1 cup shredded gouda, smoked gouda, pepper jack or smoked cheddar cheese–
1. In a large, heavy pot, heat the EVOO, 2 turns of the pan, over medium-high heat until smoking.
2. Add the beef and cook, stirring to break up, until browned, about 8 minutes.
3. Stir in the onion, garlic, zucchini, bell pepper and chiles; season with salt and pepper. Stir in the corn kernels, chili powder and paprika.
4. Cook until the veggies are softened, 6 to 7 minutes.