What Are The Best Ways To Hydrate?
(BlackDoctor.org) — The vast majority of our body’s composition is water. Just think about it – our blood is about 83% water, our muscles are 75% water, and even our bones are almost 25% water. Water is the essential ingredient of an enormous amount of our body’s essential functions, and without it human life is simply not possible. Over all, the human body is approximately 2/3 water.
The Physiological Functions of Water
Water performs many functions within the human body and is the medium in which many important biochemical processes take place. Our cells are themselves small watery universes, and you may be surprised to learn just how essential H20 is to your survival and well being.
Water’s importance is underscored by the following list of its universal importance:
• Water is the main ingredient of saliva, blood, stool, and urine
• Water cushions the brain and joints to prevent them from damage and shock
• Water lubricates joints, the brain and digestive tract
• Water is the medium for the transportation of nutrients and waste
• Water is essential to the maintenance and regulation of body temperature (through perspiration)
• Water is important to the proper digestion of food
• Water is a major part of lymph fluid and assists in the efficient function of the immune system
• Water prevents dehydration of the cells and organs