Oprah’s Top 12 Tips To Live Your Best Life
Oprah Winfrey. The award-winning media mogul, actress, philanthropist and cultural icon inspires so many people every day. Perhaps because we see so much of ourselves in what she represents: a very real person trying her hardest every day to live well – while challenging others to do the same. And she’s been inspiring so many for so long.
As a matter of fact, September 2016 marks the 30-year anniversary of her legendary talk show, The Oprah Winfrey Show. The daytime talk show had the biggest celebrities, the most in-depth interviews and tips for living life at your very best.
But when asked does she miss it, the network channel owner said, “I never wanted to be the person for whom people were saying, ‘Oh that show was so good two years ago.’ I never wanted to be the person who [was told], ‘You should’ve gotten out of the ring before you got punched stronger,'” Winfrey shared. “I never wanted to be the person who didn’t know when to exit the party.”
“It was the most glorious, most amazing platform anybody can have to speak to millions of people every day and I think I exited in the exact right moment,” she continued. “So now, I get to tell stories in a different way.”
And that too has proven to be a success, with the OWN network at at all-time high of viewership with a plethora of original programming including Greenleaf and the newest show, Queen Sugar.
Now, just about on every red carpet, the billionairre gets asked, “how did you do it?” and “what’s the secret to success?” So here we’ve compiled 12 of the beautiful Ms. Winfrey’s top secrets to a healthier, more rewarding life:
1. “Turn your wounds into wisdom.” Turn your mess into a message. Don’t let your pain be in vain. Do something positive with it!
2. “You can have it all. Just not all at once.” Be patient. Have an order. Prioritize. Focus on what you want, now. Plan for what you want later.
3.“If a man wants you, nothing can keep him away. If he doesn’t want you, nothing can make him stay.” All you can do is be yourself, that is the only thing you can control. Focus on that.
4. “Real integrity is doing the right thing, knowing that nobody’s going to know whether you did it or not.” You know you reached a high level of integrity when you don’t even care if people know or not. You just do it.
5. “The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate.” Never become too busy or too preoccupied to celebrate everything you have done, all that you have and all that you are!
6. “One of the hardest things in life to learn are which bridges to cross and which bridges to burn.” You can’t keep all of them. You can’t make everyone happy.
7. “You don’t become what you want, you become what you believe.” There is nothing more influential than your thoughts.
8. “When you undervalue what you do, the world will undervalue who you are.” Love yourself and all the world to love you too!
9. “Only make decisions that support your self-image, self-esteem, and self-worth.” Become extremely intentional with everything that you do. Be fully on purpose. Make sure everything you do supports who you are and who you want to be.