Spinach Dip Chicken Casserole
Pasta dinners are one of our favorites for weeknights. They are so versatile and so easy to make. Now, this one combines two of my favorite things–well, actually three: spinach dip, pasta and chicken. How can you go wrong with all three?! Without further ado, here’s the recipe. Thank me later 😉
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
2 and 1/2 cups uncooked penne rigate
2 chicken breasts
2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 cup Greek yogurt
4 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup half and half or whole milk
1 pkg dry Ranch mix
5 oz. frozen spinach or half of a batch of fresh
1 and 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Butter a 2 quart baking dish. Set aside.
2. Cook pasta, drain and keep warm.
3. Dice chicken, season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle flour over chicken and toss to make sure all is covered.
4. Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Add chicken and cook until no longer pink.
5. Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, mix together yogurt, cream cheese, Ranch mix, half and half and spinach.
6. Add cooked pasta and chicken to the spinach mixture and stir all together. Transfer the mixture into the prepared dish.
7. Mix half the amount of cheese into the mixture, then put the rest on top before baking.
8. Bake on 375 degrees for 20 minutes.
9. Let stand in room temperature for 10 minutes before serving.
For more breakfast, lunch, and dinner recipes, click here.