Impressive (But Easy) Date Night Dish: Lemon Chicken Picatta
If you want to look impressive to your date or mate, here’s a dish that will thrill their mouths as well as their bellies. And hey, if you’re single, you can please your own self too! Here’s the super simple recipe below:
1 pound spaghetti
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut crosswise in half
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup diced shallots
3/4 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup dry white wine like chardonnay
Juice of 1 lemon
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup capers, drained
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
1. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions; drain well.
Season chicken with salt and pepper, to taste. Working one at a time, dredge chicken in flour.
2. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken and cook, flipping once, until cooked through, about 4-5 minutes on each side. Set aside and keep warm.
3. Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter in the skillet. Add garlic and shallots, and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
4. Stir in chicken broth, wine and lemon juice. Cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly reduced, about 5 minutes.
Gradually whisk in heavy cream until slightly thickened, about 3-4 minutes; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
5. Stir in capers (the blend so well with the lemon! It will taste so good!).
Serve immediately with pasta and chicken, garnished with parsley, if desired.
For more recipes like this, click here.