Impressive (But Easy) Date Night Dish: Lemon Chicken Picatta
If you want to look impressive to your date or mate, here’s a dish that will thrill their mouths as well as their bellies. And hey, if you’re single, you can please your own self too! Here’s the super simple recipe below:
– 1 pound spaghetti
– 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut crosswise in half
– Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
– 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
– 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 1/4 cup diced shallots
– 3/4 cup chicken broth
– 1/4 cup dry white wine like chardonnay
– Juice of 1 lemon
– 1/2 cup heavy cream
– 1/4 cup capers, drained
– 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves–
1. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions; drain well.
Season chicken with salt and pepper, to taste. Working one at a time, dredge chicken in flour.
2. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken and cook, flipping once, until cooked through, about 4-5 minutes on each side. Set aside and keep warm.
3. Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter in the skillet. Add garlic and shallots, and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 2 minutes.