Refresh Yourself! Stop Smoking
Kicking the cigarette habit can be tough. Yet, many people like yourself have
managed to break free from cigarettes. They were ready to quit and planned ahead
to avoid cravings and temptations. And many people who have quit tried several
times before they succeeded. You can stop smoking too! Join the growing number
of African Americans who quit. This brochure offers tips that really work. Make
a plan that works for you and stick to it. Congratulations on taking this
important step to a healthy life.
When you stop smoking you:
- Lower your risk of:
- Heart disease
- Lung diseases like emphysema or bronchitis
- Having unhealthy babies
- Improve your chances for a longer and healthier life.
- Have fresher smelling clothes, hair, and breath.
- Save the money you used to buy cigarettes.
- Stop hurting those around you. The secondhand smoke from your cigarettes can
make your family and friends have more colds and asthma attacks. It can also put
them at risk for heart and lung diseases.
Pick a quit day within 2 to 4 weeks from today. This is the most important
day of your life. Set a quit date now.
Celebrate the Healthier You!
I will quit on ____________________(date).
Before you quit: