R&B Divas Confront Sex Abuse
During a recent episode of R&B Divas L.A., Kelly Price revealed the heartbreaking truth of her abuse. Her cousin raped her at 3 years old. This triggered Lil’ Mo to share her own heartbreaking experiences with sexual abuse.
LIKE BlackDoctor.org on Facebook! Get Your Daily Medicine…For LIFE!
[ione_facebook_like_box url_segment=blackdoctor.org height=”260″]
Here are a few facts about sexual abuse:
- In the United States, approximately 1 out of every 4 girls and 1 out of every 6 boys is sexually abused.
- Seventy to 73% of child sexual abusers report experiencing sexual abuse in their own childhood.
- The World Health Organization (WHO) reports that 150 million girls and 73 million boys under 18 experienced forced sexual intercourse and other forms of sexual violence globally i
- According to WHO, 1.8 million children are involved in pornography and prostitution. Over 1.2 million children have been trafficked.
- Children living with a single parent or a parent living with an unmarried partner are most at risk for child maltreatment, which is over eight times the rate of children living with married biological parents.
- Children who are victims of sexual abuse can suffer many serious health effects, such as post-traumatic stress disorder, eating disorders, somatization, neurosis, chronic pain, sexualized behavior, learning problems, animal cruelty, self-destructive behavior, suicide, antisocial behavior, sleeping difficulties and/or nightmares, angry outbursts, not wanting to be left alone, and further victimization into adulthood.
If you need help dealing with sex abuse, or know someone who does, visit here today. Or, call 1 (800) 969-6642.
Remember: YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!!