Mango Chicken Salad
This recipe sticks to the no-fail formula for assembling a delicious salad: combine lettuce, fruit, cheese, and a great, healthy dressing. Adding chicken or other meat makes it more of an entree; nuts are also a tasty addition. This salad overachieves by containing two fruits — mango and blueberry.
It’s a beautiful combination, however, both flavor-wise and visually. Serve this salad al fresco with a crisp, light wine and good bread.
Prep Time:16 mins
Cook time:14 mins
Total Time:30 mins
– • 6 cups torn romaine lettuce
– • 2 cups fresh blueberries
– • 1 mango, pitted, peeled, and cut up
– • 12 to 16 oz. chicken breast tenderloins
– • Salt and ground black pepper
– • 2 Tbsp. purchased garlic butter
– • 2 cups broccoli florets
– • 1/2 cup bottled blue cheese Italian vinaigrette salad dressing
– • Crumbled blue cheese (optional)–
On a serving platter place romaine lettuce. Top with blueberries and mango; set aside.
Season chicken breast tenderloins with salt and pepper. In a large skillet cook chicken in 1 tablespoon of the hot garlic butter over medium heat for 6 to 8 minutes or until no longer pink, turning once. Transfer to a cutting board; slice. Arrange atop salad.
In the same skillet cook broccoli in the remaining tablespoon garlic butter over medium heat for 4 to 6 minutes until tender. Place atop salad. Drizzle salad with blue cheese vinaigrette. If desired, sprinkle with blue cheese.
Note: If your mango is under ripe, saute it with the broccoli to enhance its flavor.