Want To Detox? Here’s 3 Types Of Detox Baths
Bath detoxification is an ancient remedy. It is a wonderful way to relax, cleanse your body of waste, beautify your skin, relieve pain, and overall just feel better.
How It Works:
Epsom salts make you sweat, help reduce inflammation and help relieve muscle aches. Sea salt is another common bath salt. It helps leach out toxins and soothes open sores and blemishes.
Baking soda is highly alkaline, and helps balance an overly-acidic system, as well as helping to eliminate chlorine in the water and softening the skin. Ground ginger increases circulation, opens pores and helps detoxify your body by making you sweat.
There are several different types of bath detoxes – each has its own benefits. Try out one (or more) of these three relaxing bath ideas:
If you begin to feel like you’re coming down with a mild cold or the flu after the detox, don’t panic. This just means that the detox is working, and that your body is flushing out toxins. You should begin to feel normal again pretty quickly.
I. Sea Salt Detox Bath
A salt bath is probably one of the most popular types of baths out there. It not only relaxes you, but the salt pulls toxins out of the body, as well as providing health benefits to your skin.
This recipe uses all natural sea salt, making it even healthier. Just some of the raved-about benefits of this bath include more energy, a refreshed feeling, and achy muscles and joint relief.
Sea Salt Bath Recipe
- 1/3 Cup Epsom salts
- 1/3 Cup Sea Salt
- *1/3 Cup Baking Soda
- 2 1/2 Tsp ground ginger (if fresh, use a tea ball so it won’t clog your drain)
Combine all the ingredients in a bowl then sprinkle into bath water.
- Make your bath water as hot as you can stand it
- Don’t worry if the mixture makes the water yellow/orange
- Soak for about 40 min
- Rub your skin gently towards your heart (good for stimulation)
- Feel free to mix and match the recipe and ingredients so that it works best for you!
(Recipes continue on next page)
II. Apple Cider Vinegar Detox Bath
Apple cider vinegar helps restore the acid-alkaline balance in your body, which is helpful for acne relief and skin softening.
Apple Cider Vinegar Recipe:
1-2 cups of raw Apple cider vinegar
- While drawing your bath, add the apple cider vinegar.
- Soak for up to 30 minutes. Remember, hot water is best for all detox baths since hot water is what is needed to help detoxify as it opens up the skin’s pores. Keep water to drink nearby as well as a washcloth. This bath will make you
Join the conversation and share this story