Drink Your Way Into Balance!
Many people are unaware of the acidic foods and beverages that are consumed on a regular basis. Acidic consumption contributes to a host of physical ailments and ailments, but it also throws our pH Balance out of whack. pH is the abbreviation for potential hydrogen. The pH of any solution is the measure of its hydrogen-ion concentration. The higher the pH reading, the more alkaline and oxygen rich the fluid is. The lower the pH reading, the more acidic and oxygen deprived the fluid is. The pH range is from 0 to 14, with 7.0 being neutral. Anything above 7.0 is alkaline, anything below 7.0 is considered acidic.
LIKE BlackDoctor.org on Facebook! Get Your Daily Medicine…For LIFE!
An imbalance in the body’s pH may lead to serious health concerns, including:
- Hormone concerns
- Cardiovascular weakness
- Weight gain/loss
- Bladder and kidney concerns
- Immune deficiency
- Acceleration of free radical damage
- Structural system weakness, including brittle bones, hip fractures and joint discomfort
- Stressed liver function
- Low energy
- Slow digestion and elimination
- Yeast/fungal overgrowth.
- Tumor growth
The body has to have a balanced pH like most living things on earth or it does not function correctly. The alkaline level is very important because research has already proven that disease cannot survive in an alkaline state and yet they thrive in an acidic environment. Below is a refreshing recipe for aklanizing your water. Drink Up & Enjoy!
LEMON MINT CUCUMBER WATER
Makes 1 gallon-size pitcher
Prep Time:1 Minutes
Cook time:1 Minutes
– 12 cups of water (3 quarts)
– 2 to 3 lemons, thinly sliced (you can also substitute limes or mix it up…use a lemon/lime combination–using organic lemons or limes is best)
– 1 small cucumber or 1/2 of a medium to large cucumber, preferably organic, thinly sliced
– 10 to 15 mint leaves. preferably organic–
Rinse lemons and cucumbers very well before slicing; slice thinly. Add lemons, cucumber, and mint to pitcher. Cover with water and refrigerate at least four hours or overnight (the flavor will be stronger if you refrigerate overnight, but I like the lighter flavor, too). Pour in a large glass over some ice…it’s very refreshing! This water tastes best the day or day after you make it.
Visit the BlackDoctor.org Healthy Recipes center for more articles.