4 Quick Recipes To Eat Dairy Free For Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner & Dessert
With about 75 percent of the African-American population being lactose intolerant, it makes perfect sense to share some dairy-free (but still tasty!) recipes, such as homemade ice cream and macaroni and cheese – yep, you can still eat all your favorite comfort foods. From breakfast to lunch and dinner, here are four dairy-free recipes you won’t be able to resist. Not lactose intolerant? No problem! You’ll love these recipes, too, so much that you won’t even miss the real thing. Trust me.
Breakfast: Gluten and Lactose-Free Cinnamon Apple Drop Scones
Prep Time:10 minutes
Cook time:10 minutes
Total Time:20 minutes
– 1 cup of Bob’s red mill gluten-free biscuit and baking mix
– 1 tablespoon brown sugar
– 1/3 teaspoon cinnamon
– 3 tablespoons vegetable shortening
– ½ cup almond milk
– 1 egg
– 1 apple, chopped–
– 4 tablespoons white sugar
– 1/3 teaspoon cinnamon–
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the Bob’s Red Mill biscuit mix, brown sugar and cinnamon.