Heart Healthy: Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken Soup
This heart-healthy dish has all the makings of traditional Mexican cuisine, highlighting the flavors of cilantro, lime, tomatoes, and chili powder. Enjoy with corn tortillas.
Ingredients (6 servings)
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts (all visible fat discarded)
- 1 lb baby carrots
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 1 medium potato, chopped into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 medium bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 can no salt added, diced tomatoes (undrained)
- 1 can no salt added tomato sauce
- Juice from 1 medium lime
- 1 Tbsp chopped, fresh cilantro
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 4 medium garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 4 cups fat-free, low-sodium chicken broth
Prep: 30 min.
Ready In: 6-8 hours.
In a large bowl, stir together