BREAKING NEWS UPDATE: Director John Singleton On Life Support
UPDATE as of 9:34am EST 4/29/19: Despite reports, director and writer, John Singleton is still alive, contrary to reports Monday morning, but it does not look good.
John’s publicist told TMZ.com the famed director is alive and on life support at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in L.A. It’s being reported that John is still in a medically-induced coma and is non-responsive and not getting better.
Earlier in April, the Oscar-nominated director and writer of “Boyz N’ the Hood,” suffered a stroke.
Singleton checked himself into the hospital earlier this week after experiencing pain in his leg. According to TMZ, which broke the news, Singleton had been on a flight from Costa Rica back to the U.S., which may have contributed to the incident. The stroke has been characterized by doctors as “mild.”
Singleton’s family released a statement Saturday afternoon confirming his hospitalization.
“John is currently in the ICU and under great medical care,” the family statement said. “We ask that privacy be given to him and our family at this time and appreciate all of the prayers that have been pouring in from his fans, friends, and colleagues.”
Heart disease is the No. 1 killer for all Americans, and stroke is also a leading cause of death. As frightening as those statistics are the risks of getting those diseases are