For some people, when they think of a chiropractor they envision an older person visiting the doctor after they’ve severely injured their back and are unable to move. Other people imagine someone who has a stiff neck and is in so much pain that they also are unable to move. But the reality is that any and everyone should visit a chiropractor at least once in their life even if they aren’t severely injured.
There are many benefits to seeing a chiropractor especially if your work involves sitting at a desk all day or standing on your feet for long periods of time.
What exactly is chiropractic care?
Chiropractors treat people using hands-on spinal manipulation.
Spinal manipulation is used to restore mobility to joints restricted by injured tissue caused by injury, repetitive stress, or simply sitting or standing without proper support.
How does a chiropractor provide care?
During the initial visit, the chiropractor asks about your medical history and takes a physical assessment.
Depending on the nature of your visit, they will take x-rays. The doctor will then provide a treatment plan based on the results of your physical and x-rays.
The treatment plan may involve one or more adjustments in which the doctor manipulates the joints with pressure using a series of different techniques. Other options for treatment may include implementing different exercises and rehabilitation.
What are the benefits of seeing a chiropractor?
There are many noted benefits of taking a visit to the chiropractor and getting an adjustment. Some include:
- Improvements in your joint mobility and health
- Improvements in breathing
- Improvements in cognitive ability
- Increased energy, vitality and improved sleep
- Improvements in individual organ system function
- Improvements in circulation taking stagnant blood out and bringing new blood in
- Adjustments make tight muscles loose and loose muscles tight and improve the contractibility of the muscles
- Decrease in pain
- Relieves/improves prenatal discomfort
Yes, chiropractic adjustments are safe for pregnant women! Many women reported