Halibut Salsa Tacos
(BlackDoctor.org) — This tangy and sweet salsa-spiced take on tacos is a family favorite in the making.
Prep Time:15 minutes
Cook time:30 minutes
Total Time:8 minutes
– 1 packet (1-ounce) hot taco seasoning
– 1 pound fresh halibut
– 2 cups mild chunky salsa
– 1 cup frozen peach slices, chopped and thawed
– 1 teaspoon ground allspice
– 1 package (8-oz) coleslaw mix
– 8 corn tortillas (6-inch)–
1. Set up grill for direct cooking over medium heat. When ready to grill, brush grate with oil. Sprinkle taco seasoning over halibut; rub in with your fingers. Let stand for 30 minutes.
2. Grill halibut, covered, about 8 minutes or until fish flakes when tested with fork. Let cook. Cut into bite size pieces.
3. In a medium bowl, combine salsa, peaches, and allspice. Divide halibut among warm tortillas. Top with salsa and coleslaw mix.