Farfalle With Mushrooms & Spinach
(BlackDoctor.org) — This flavor-packed pasta dish is ready in 20 minutes flat. Bowtie pasta combines with fresh mushrooms, spinach, onion, garlic, and thyme to make a low-sodium, yet very flavorful, dinner.
– 6 ounces dried farfalle (bow-tie pasta)
– 1 tablespoon olive oil
– 1 medium onion, chopped
– 1 cup sliced portobello or other fresh mushrooms
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 4 cups thinly sliced fresh spinach
– 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
– 1/8 teaspoon pepper
– 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese–
1. Cook farfalle according to package directions. Drain well.
2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion, mushrooms, and garlic; cook and stir for 2 to 3 minutes or until mushrooms are nearly tender. Stir in spinach, thyme, and pepper; cook 1 minute or until heated through and spinach is slightly wilted.
3. Stir in cooked pasta; toss gently to mix. Sprinkle with cheese.