Mango Chicken Salad
This recipe sticks to the no-fail formula for assembling a delicious salad: combine lettuce, fruit, cheese, and a great, healthy dressing. Adding chicken or other meat makes it more of an entree; nuts are also a tasty addition. This salad overachieves by containing two fruits — mango and blueberry. It’s a beautiful combination, however, both flavor-wise and visually. Serve this salad al fresco with a crisp, light wine and good bread.
Prep Time: 16 mins
Cook Time: 14 mins
Total Time: 30 mins
• 6 cups torn romaine lettuce
• 2 cups fresh blueberries
• 1 mango, pitted, peeled, and cut up
• 12 to 16 oz. chicken breast tenderloins
• Salt and ground black pepper
• 2 Tbsp. purchased garlic butter
• 2 cups broccoli florets
• 1/2 cup bottled blue cheese Italian vinaigrette salad dressing
• Crumbled blue cheese (optional)
On a serving platter place romaine lettuce. Top with blueberries and mango; set aside.