4 Types Of Abuse You May Be Suffering From
While it may be easy to speculate what you may or may not do in a situation of abuse, one can never really know how you will react until that abusive situation happens to you. People who abuse other people are predators; they look for a person’s vulnerable spots so that they can exploit and manipulate their way into their life. An abusive relationship can sneak up on you due to the fact that abuse comes in many forms. Many already know about physical abuse, but here’s a few forms of abuse you may be overlooking:
1. Economic Abuse: Using money to control a person, such as having one to account for every penny being spent. The abuser will not only have control over their own money but the victim’s money as well. Some signs include, – Demanding an account of everything you buy
– Controlling your access to financial information
– Not allowing you to talk to others about money
– Not allowing your name to be on accounts, which would allow you to build credit
– Forcing you to put your name on accounts and then destroying your credit
2. Spiritual Abuse: Bullying someone to subscribe to the same religion or belief as they do, no matter if the person believes in the philosophy or not. Within spiritual abuse, abusers use exclusive language. “We’re the only ministry really following Jesus.” “We have all the right theology.” Believe their way of doing things, thinking theologically, or handling ministry and church is the only correct way. Everyone else is wrong, misguided, or stupidly naive.