Q&A: What Are Alternatives To Taking Aspirin For A Headache?
Q: I don’t like taking medication – what can I take for a headache instead? – C. P.
A: The most common types of headaches are migraines, tension and cluster headaches. Tension headaches are usually a dull achy feeling on both sides of the head.
A migraine is a common type of headache that may occur with symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, or sensitivity to light.
LIKE BlackDoctor.org on Facebook! Get Your Daily Medicine…For LIFE!
Here are some ways to treat headaches without medication:
- Put a heat pack or an ice pack on your head or neck.
- Take a hot shower.
- Get enough rest or sleep. Go to bed and get up at the same time every day.
- Take time away from things that are stressful. This could mean doing anything from taking a brief walk to taking a vacation.
- Do not skip breakfast. Fasting is a common cause of headache.
- Get regular exercise of all types. Work up to exercising for 30 to 60 minutes, 4 to 6 times a week. Yoga, meditation and relaxation therapy can also relieve headaches.