Q&A: What Are Alternatives To Taking Aspirin For A Headache?
Q: I don’t like taking medication – what can I take for a headache instead? – C. P.
A: The most common types of headaches are migraines, tension and cluster headaches. Tension headaches are usually a dull achy feeling on both sides of the head.
A migraine is a common type of headache that may occur with symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, or sensitivity to light.
LIKE BlackDoctor.org on Facebook! Get Your Daily Medicine…For LIFE!
[ione_facebook_like_box url_segment=blackdoctor.org height=”260″]
Here are some ways to treat headaches without medication:
- Put a heat pack or an ice pack on your head or neck.
- Take a hot shower.
- Get enough rest or sleep. Go to bed and get up at the same time every day.
- Take time away from things that are stressful. This could mean doing anything from taking a brief walk to taking a vacation.
- Do not skip breakfast. Fasting is a common cause of headache.
- Get regular exercise of all types. Work up to exercising for 30 to 60 minutes, 4 to 6 times a week. Yoga, meditation and relaxation therapy can also relieve headaches.