nutrients that candy does not.
3. Pretzels– Though they contain salt, pretzels can definitely be considered a healthier alternative to something like a Kit Kat.
4. Fruit snacks– Fruit snacks are a great, sweet way to indulge when you don’t want to overdo it.
5. Popcorn– Low-fat popcorns are great alternatives to sugary sweets.
6. Sorbets– Though ice cream isn’t necessarily a Halloween candy, it’s still a great way to help with that persistent sweet tooth
7. Yogurt– Flavored yogurt or even plain yogurt is a great alternative. With this option, you can also add your favorite toppings *wink wink*
8. Juice– A nice swig of some good old organic fruit juice can definitely help fight the urge for something sweet.
9. Nutrition Bars– Not only do these help with cravings, some taste really good and include chocolate as well so you get the best of both worlds.
10. Water– Dehydration makes your glucose levels low, which causes your body to crave sugar. Increasing your water intake will lower your cravings for more candy.
It’s okay to indulge on a fun holiday like Halloween, but be mindful of how much indulging you do. Making healthier alternatives is always a good idea when you feel the need to want more. Not only do they help in the moment but they help over time as well, so go have fun and enjoy the day. Happy Halloween friends!