Salmon With Warm Olive Salad
A Mediterranean diet, with large amounts of vegetables and fish, has been shown to encourage better health. This recipe is a classic example of this, with a sweet marinade and paired with a flavorful salad.
Celebrate great health! LIKE us on Facebook!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
– 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
– 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
– 1 tablespoon honey
– 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
– Kosher salt
– 4 6-ounce salmon fillets (about 1 1/4 inches thick)
– 1 clove garlic, coarsely chopped
– 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pitted kalamata olives
– 2 medium beefsteak tomatoes, cut into 1-inch chunks
– 1 cup sliced celery (inner stalks with leaves)
– 1/4 cup roughly chopped fresh mint–
1. Preheat the broiler. Line a broiler pan with foil and lightly brush with olive oil. Whisk 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 teaspoon vinegar, the honey, red pepper flakes and 1 teaspoon salt in a small bowl. Put the salmon, skin-side down, on the prepared pan and brush the tops and sides with the honey glaze. Broil until golden brown and just cooked through, 4 to 6 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, put the garlic on a cutting board and sprinkle with a generous pinch of salt, then mash into a paste with the flat side of a large knife. Heat the remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil and 1 tablespoon vinegar, the olives and garlic paste in a small saucepan over medium-high heat until bubbling, about 3 minutes. Transfer the mixture to a bowl and add the tomatoes, celery and mint. Season with salt and toss to combine. Serve with the salmon.
Per serving: Calories 433; Fat 26 g (Saturated 4 g); Cholesterol 97 mg; Sodium 982 mg; Carbohydrate 10 g; Fiber 1 g; Protein 38 gType your content here…