Green With Beauty: Avocado Body Butter Recipe
Avocado. This pear-shaped fruit offers a myriad of beauty benefits. From reducing wrinkles, preventing pimples, brightening your skin, to offering UV protection, this is as good as it gets when it comes to a natural beauty staple. Try this great recipe below and reap the many benefits now!
- 9 ounces shea oil or cocoa butter
- 9 ounces avocado oil
- 50 drops essential oil of your choice
- 3 teaspoons corn starch
- Small, wide-mouth jars, sterilized
- Large bowl
- Melt the shea or cocoa butter in a pan under a boiler or on a pot on the stove.
- Add the avocado oil, essential oil and corn starch.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Whip the mixture in a mixing bowl for 20 minutes until it gets to a light buttery-like consistency.
- As it cools it thickens and will begin to look like whipped cream.
- Store in jars in a dark, cool place.
LIKE BlackDoctor.org on Facebook! Get Your Daily Medicine…For LIFE!
Use this butter on your skin right after you’ve dried off from a shower for best results. For an added benefit you can use this mixture as a deep conditioner for your hair.