5 Make & Freeze Recipes
Life is hectic and finding time to make healthy food decisions for you and your family isn’t always easy. Making some healthier meals now to serve later is the best way to maintain a consistent healthy diet. Try these easy and yummy meals for freezing and serving later.
1. Chicken Noodle Soup
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 4 carrots and/or parsnips, cut into bite-size pieces
– 2 stalks celery, chopped
– 1 large onion, chopped
– 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
– salt and black pepper
– 2 lbs bone-in chicken breasts (skin removed)
– 6 cups low-sodium chicken broth
– 1 cup small pasta
– 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
– 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley–
Heat the oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat.
Add the carrots and/or parsnips, celery, onion, thyme, 1½ teaspoons salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
Cook, stirring frequently, until the vegetables are tender and just beginning to brown, 10 to 12 minutes.