Sweet & Savory Grilled Honey Apricot BBQ Wings
Chicken wings kissed on the grill are a must have for the summer season and this recipe delivers just that, with major flavor! The secret to this dish is the addition of sweet apricots, combined with savory and spiced BBQ sauce. This chicken dish will definitely wow your guests’ taste buds.
Find more great recipes at judsontoddallen.com.
Prep Time:15 minutes
Cook time:45 minutes
– 1 lb fresh organic chicken wings, cleaned
– 1 1/2 cup ketchup, low-sodium
– 1/2 cup beer (your favorite)
– 1/3 cup honey
– 1/3 cup onion, grated
– 2/3 cup rice vinegar
– 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
– 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
– 1 tablespoon chipotle in adobo sauce, minced
– 4-5 dried apricot
– 1/2 cup apricot preserves
– 1/3 cup brown sugar
– 3 tablespoons Judson Todd Allen’s CHEF BLEND Hot Sauce
– 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
– 1 tablespoon garlic powder
– 1 tablespoon onion powder
– 1/2 tablespoon black pepper
– 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, finely chopped–
- Preheat charcoal grill for medium heat (350-400 degree F). Remove sauce, let cool and add to a heat protected blender. Blend sauce until smooth.Use approximately ½ cup of sauce to marinade chicken wings. Transfer to heated grill and cook for 10-15 minutes eat or until a beautiful charred crust has formed and chicken is fully cooked.
- Remove wings from grill and place in a large mixing bowl. Add ½ cup of BBQ sauce and parsley and toss. Serve with grilled carrots and peppers.