Best Fruits To Feed Every Skin Type
As you may already know, filling your diet with power foods like leafy greens, dark chocolate and citrus can help ward off chronic conditions like heart disease and diabetes. But did you know that certain foods—specifically fruits, can also do wonders for your skin?
In fact, the foods you consume can be just as important (if not more) than the over-the-counter serums and creams you apply daily. So which fruits will benefit your skin type the most?
For Normal Skin:
- Grapes help protect against UV rays. Containing phytosterols, they also keep the dermis moist and strong.
- Peaches also help protect your skin against UV radiation.
- Cherries brighten skin.
- Raspberries, like grapes, keep skin moist and strong.
- Papayas both brighten and provide many nutrients and hydration to your skin.
For Oily Skin:
- Apricots provides your skin with moisture and doesn’t clog your pores.
- Apples exfoliate skin.
- Oranges like apples, lemons and strawberries, exfoliate skin, while cutting through dirt and oil.