Collard Green & Turkey Lasagna
Here’s another recipe from one of our favorite chefs! There’s something special and magical about collard greens and smoked turkey. We ate the combo literally every week. It brings back so many memories. Plus, I don’t think any holiday or special occasion was complete unless we had a steaming hot pot of collard greens on the table. I’m always thinking of ways to present the combo in a new way. By turning it into a lasagna, you can still enjoy the combo, but with a twist. I just love it!
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
– -No-bake lasagna noodles
– -1 jar of your favorite pasta sauce
– -1 large smoked turkey leg, cooked down and rough chopped
– -1 16-ounce bag of frozen collard greens, defrosted and drained
– -2 cups of ricotta cheese
– -1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
– -1/2 teaspoon of dried Italian herbs
– -1/2 cup of heavy cream
– -1 good pinch of salt and 1 good pinch of fresh cracked black pepper
– -3 cups of mozzarella cheese (plus a little feta, if you’re up for it)
– -Fresh chopped herbs, to garnish
1. In a large bowl, mix together the ricotta cheese, heavy cream, garlic powder, Italian herbs, and a good pinch of salt and pepper. Set aside.
2. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350. Add a few tablespoons of the pasta sauce to the bottom of a baking dish. Then, add in enough of the lasagna sheets to cover the bottom of the baking dish completely. Carefully spread the ricotta cheese mixture over the pasta sheets and top with more pasta sheets.
3. Then, add in a few more tablespoons of sauce an spread it around to moisten the next layer. On top, add in the collard greens and smoked turkey. Drizzle with a little bit more pasta sauce and good pinch of salt and pepper. Then, top with more lasagna sheets.
4. For the final layer, add a bit more pasta sauce to moisten. Then top with Mozzarella cheese and crumbles of feta. Then, bake in the oven for about 30 minutes or until it’s golden brown. Garnish by adding chopped fresh herbs.