Many people equate having a fun time with drinking alcohol but that’s not true. You’ll have all the fun you need if you have some excellent mocktails and company. What’s even better is that you won’t put your liver at risk from drinking too much liquor. Since there’s a well-established link between chronic liver disease and regular alcohol consumption, mocktails are a great way to keep your liver healthy!
10 Mocktail Recipes You’ll Love
1. A Blackberry Virgin Mojito
½ cup fresh mint leaves
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup water
1 cup blackberries
1 tsp granulated sugar
½ cup lime juice
2 (12-oz.) cans seltzer
Fresh mint, for garnish
- Crush the mint leaves using a mortar and pestle. Add sugar and water and bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring to dissolve sugar. Let boil for 3 minutes. Let cool to room temperature, then strain out mint leaves, pressing with a wooden spoon to help release all liquid.
- In a small bowl, add blackberries and sugar, and using a wooden spoon, crush blackberries.
- Divide blackberries between 4 glasses and add 2 tablespoons of simple syrup and 2 tablespoons of lime juice to each glass. Fill glasses with ice and top off with seltzer, then garnish with mint.
2. Virgin Raspberry Mango Margarita
2 cups frozen mango
¾ cups coconut water
¼ cup lime juice
2 tsp honey
2 cups frozen raspberries
¾ cup coconut water
¼ cup lime juice
2 tsp. Honey
- Combine frozen mango, coconut water, lime juice, and honey in a blender. Blend until smooth, then fill each glass halfway.
- Combine frozen raspberries, coconut water, lime juice, and honey in a blender. Blend until smooth, then top off each glass with the mixture.
- Garnish with lime wedges and serve.
3. Watermelon Fresca
6 cups seedless watermelon chunks plus small wedges for garnish
6 tbsp sugar
⅓ cup fresh lime juice
⅓ cup water
Fresh mint sprigs
- Combine watermelon, sugar, lime juice, and water in a blender. Puree until smooth.
- Serve, garnished with mint sprigs and watermelon wedges.
4. Whipped Lemonade
1 cup lemonade
½ cup sweetened condensed milk
Juice of 1 lemon
4 cups ice
Lemon slices, for garnish
- In a blender, combine ingredients and blend until smooth and creamy. Add more ice to thicken as desired.
- Pour into glasses and garnish with a lemon slice before serving.
5. Mango Lassi
1 cup whole milk plain yogurt
1 ¼ cups chopped ripe mango
⅔ cup ice
2 tsp honey
⅛ tsp rosewater (optional)
Ground cardamom, for sprinkling
- In a blender, combine all ingredients except cardamom and blend until smooth.
- Garnish with a pinch of cardamom and serve cold.
6. Italian Soda
1 ½ oz. flavored syrup
8 oz. club soda
1 oz. to 1 ½ oz. heavy cream or half-and-half
- Fill a large glass with ice. Add syrup, then slowly pour in club soda. Stir gently, top with