New Jersey will roll out COVID-19 vaccines in a phased approach to all adults who live, work, or are being educated in the State. Within six months, New Jersey plans to vaccinate 70 percent of the adult population.
New Jersey entered a state of emergency on Sunday, January 31, 2021, at 7 pm in response to the winter storm. Snow accumulation for the storm began as of Sunday afternoon, with the heaviest snow expected to fall during the day on Monday, and hazardous conditions may continue through Tuesday morning.
Due to the storm, most, if not all, vaccine sites were expected to be closed on Monday, February 1st. Depending on the extent of the storm, operations of vaccine sites on Tuesday may also be disrupted.
If you had an appointment for a first or second dose on Monday, February 1st, that appointment will be rescheduled.
If you made an appointment for Monday, February 1st through the New Jersey Vaccine Scheduling System, you should have received a cancellation notice on Sunday, January 31st. Look for, a notice of your rescheduled appointment by the end of the week.
If you made your appointment through another system, rescheduling should take place through that same system.
If you were waiting on a New Jersey Vaccine Scheduling System notification of your second appointment, those appointments will be sent out as soon as the extent of the storm’s disruption of operations is fully known.
The Vaccination Call Center will remain open through the storm: 855-568-0545
Vaccine Megasite Rescheduling
All six vaccine mega-sites were closed on Monday, February 1st due to the storm. The Bergen, Burlington, and Gloucester County mega-site were pre-scheduled to be closed on Monday, February 1st. Anyone with appointments at the Atlantic, Middlesex, or Morris mega-sites will receive a call from the health care partner at that site and be rescheduled within the week.
- Atlantic (AtlantiCare) and Middlesex (RWJBarnabas) megasites will be rescheduled to Thursday, February 4th
- Morris (Atlantic Health) megasite will be rescheduled to Wednesday, February 3rd
The following links and information can help you navigate when and where to get the vaccine.
- Pre-Register for the Vaccine: Enroll in the New Jersey Vaccine Scheduling System.
- Get Help With Scheduling An Appointment: For help with the New Jersey Vaccine Scheduling System, visit covid19.nj.gov/vaccinehelp or call 855-568-0545.
- For Health Care Providers: For additional information on COVID-19 vaccination, visit the Department of Health’s COVID-19 vaccination page.
Call (General COVID-19 Questions): 2-1-1 (24/7)
Call (Medical COVID-19 Questions): 1-800-962-1253 (24/7)
Call (Vaccine Appointment Support): 1-855-568-0545 (8a-8p)
Text NJCOVID to 898-211 to receive alerts
Download COVID Alert NJ app here