Do you have an emergency kit in your dorm ready to be used? If not, have you considered the benefits of preparing a first aid kit to be readily available? Life can be unpredictable, and we never know when we could find ourselves in unfortunate circumstances.
With that being said, it is important to stay prepared. As college students, there is always something going on. Many of us are away from our families and must remain safe and healthy.
Here are a few tips for preparing a first-aid kit. When preparing your first aid kit, make sure to include the following items:
- Acetaminophen or ibuprofen for aches and fever
- Cold & Allergy Medicine
- Cough Drops/Sore Throat Lozenges
- Allergy Medicine (i.e., Benadryl)
- Anti-Diarrhea Medicine
- Antibiotic Ointment
- Eye Drops (for Irritation)
- Band-Aids (Various Sizes…think about some colorful ones!)
- Alcohol-Based Sterile Wipes
- Heating pad