This pizza recipe is made with thawed frozen bread dough and is topped with tomatoes, Monterey Jack cheese, and grilled chicken breasts. An easy substitution would be the meat from a deli-roasted chicken. Try adding peppers or artichokes, or substituting the tomato sauce with pesto or Alfredo sauce, to vary up the recipe.
Love being healthy? Then LIKE us on Facebook!
Prep Time: 30 mins
Grill Time: 12 mins/Cook Time: 32 mins
Total Time: 42 mins/62 mins
• 1 16-ounce loaf frozen bread dough, thawed
• 1/4 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
• 1 tablespoon lemon juice
• 1 tablespoon margarine or butter, melted
• 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breast halves
• 1/2 cup sliced tomatoes
• Parmesan Pizza Sauce (see Recipe Center)
• 2 fresh medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
• 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese (4 ounces)
1. On a lightly floured surface, roll bread dough into a 14-inch circle. Transfer dough to a greased 13-inch pizza pan. Build up edges slightly. Prick generously with a fork. Bake in a 375 degree F oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until light brown.