Cali-Style Deep Dish Chicken Pizza
This pizza recipe is made with thawed frozen bread dough and is topped with tomatoes, Monterey Jack cheese, and grilled chicken breasts. An easy substitution would be the meat from a deli-roasted chicken. Try adding peppers or artichokes, or substituting the tomato sauce with pesto or Alfredo sauce, to vary up the recipe.
Love being healthy? Then LIKE us on Facebook!
[ione_facebook_like_box url_segment=blackdoctor.org height=”260″]
Prep Time: 30 mins
Grill Time: 12 mins/Cook Time: 32 mins
Total Time: 42 mins/62 mins
• 1 16-ounce loaf frozen bread dough, thawed
• 1/4 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
• 1 tablespoon lemon juice
• 1 tablespoon margarine or butter, melted
• 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breast halves
• 1/2 cup sliced tomatoes
• Parmesan Pizza Sauce (see Recipe Center)
• 2 fresh medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
• 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese (4 ounces)