Corn Bread Salad
(BlackDoctor.org) — Dieticians and nutrition experts agree that one of the keys to healthy eating is to actually enjoy that nutritious food on your plate. The problem? Healthier dishes, such as salads, aren’t exactly the most exciting things in the world, right?
Sweet, refreshing and loaded with vitamins and nutrients, this unique salad is guaranteed to be a healthy hit with your family and friends!
Prep Time:10 minutes
Cook time:18 minutes
– 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
– 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
– 1/4 teaspoon salt
– 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
– 2 tablespoons olive oil–
– 1 package (8.5 ounces) corn-muffin mix, prepared according to package directions
– 2 ears corn, shucked
– 4 ounces each fresh green beans and yellow wax beans, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
– 1 1/2 cups shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
– 1 large tomato, chopped
– 1 small red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch strips
– 3 scallions, including green tops, thinly sliced
– 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
– Salt to taste–
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Whisk vinegar, mustard, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Slowly whisk in oil; let stand.