Collard Green & Ricotta Stuffed Shells
For us meat eaters, going vegetarian for a month is much like trying to win a game of Taboo. If you focus on what you can eat versus the small number of things that are off limit, success is inevitable. And can we add on bonus points for recipes that are simple and quick cooking? I love collard greens. They’re super versatile and don’t just have to be cooked for a Sunday dinner, although there’s nothing wrong with that approach at all.
My collard and ricotta stuffed shells are a super simple take on a classic dish with a lot more flavor and a lot less calories. Plus, if you pair it with a soup or salad, it adds to a really fantastic meal. The bonus in this recipe is smoked paprika. If you can find it, grab it. If not, the regular jar of paprika will work fine.
Collard Green and Ricotta Stuffed Shells – 346 calories per serving
Prep Time: 1 Minutes
Cook time: 1 Minutes
– 1 box of large shells, cooked and drained
– 1 16 oz frozen bag of collard greens, drained
– 1 8 oz container of light ricotta cheese
– 1/2 teaspoon of smoked paprika
– 1 teaspoon of Kosher salt
– 1 teaspoon of black pepper
– 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
– 2 cups Low fat mozzarella cheese–
– 1 12 oz can of crushed tomatoes
– 2 tablespoons of sugar
– 1 tablespoon of dried Italian seasoning–
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.