Let’s be real: we all want a nice, shapely, hour-glass type of figure.
Now, many of us aren’t built like that, but we can all agree that the “dream” figure we want includes a nice backside.
Some may call it a bump in the back, bubble, rear end, a**, butt…you get the point.
But instead of wasting time on exercises, shakes and other things that waste your time, here are some exercises experts have shown to work that area “where the sun don’t shine.”
But if you do them right, the sun will shine on yours all day long (wink, wink).
The squat is the king of all exercises.
Without a doubt, squats are one of the best butt toning exercises.
The squat utilizes the glutes, also know the butt, to a great degree.
But are you doing squats the right way?
This is important because the gluteus maximus is the largest single muscle of the body and you need to stimulate it effectively in order to promote muscle growth and fat loss.
Also, squats strengthen the lower back and core.
Here’s how to perform a bodyweight squat:
- Stand with a shoulder-width stance.
- Hold your hands straight in front of you.
- Drive your hips back and bend your legs 90 degrees.
- Push through your heels and extend your legs.
- Repeat the movement 15-20 times.
- Keep your spine neutral by looking straight ahead.
- Keep your core tight by sucking in your belly.
- Remember to always drive through your heels to ensure you’re using your glutes.
- Rest about 1 to 2 minutes between sets.
- Make sure to warm up before doing this exercise.
- Shoes with a flat sole are optimal for this movement as it allows to to transfer power from your glutes more efficiently.
WATCH a video demo:
Lunges are great for toning your butt and quads.
It also strengthens the hamstrings and reinforces the core.
Correctly, lunges are extremely…